WELCOME TO DRIE
The Disaster Recovery Information Exchange (DRIE), along with its affiliates the Business Continuity Management Information Exchange (BCMIE) and le Réseau d’Échange en Continuité des Opérations (RÉCO-QUÉBEC), is a non-profit association of professionals dedicated to the exchange of information on all aspects of business continuity management, from emergency response to the resumption of business as normal.
Explore this site to find out more about DRIE or use the Chapter links to find out more about a Chapter in your area.
- The Objectives of the Disaster Recovery Information Exchange (DRIE) are
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information among Business Continuity practitioners;
- To be an authoritative source of information relating to Business Continuity;
- To promote Business Continuity awareness within the business and government communities;
- To advance the professional standards of the Business Continuity discipline; and
- To engage with representatives from commercial, not for profit and government organizations in providing information to support the most effective and efficient Business Continuity schemes for the protection of life,health and safety of individuals, and the protection of the property of organizations and the environment in Canada.
History of DRIE and BCMIE
DRIE is a non-profit organization with affiliate chapters throughout the world. The mission of DRIE is to promote business continuity planning, computer recovery planning, crisis management and other related disciplines as integral components of an effective business strategy. This includes appropriate integration with risk management protocols.
DRIE was founded in Toronto in 1985. A small group of disaster recovery planners came together to exchange ideas and information about their organizations’ planning efforts. Today there are eight Chapters comprising approximately 720 members worldwide.
The Business Continuity Management Information Exchange (BCMIE) was formed based on the principles established by DRIE and is proud to be an affiliate of the DRIE network.
- There are many benefits to becoming a member of DRIE, including:
- Free admission to all DRIE meetings and events across all Chapters;
- Opportunities to network with other professionals at each meeting;
- Access to members-only areas of DRIE websites; Up-to-date information on regular meetings, industry conferences, and vendor materials;
- Access to the DRIE Digest with information about the latest seminars and conferences, together with other interesting information; and
- Discounts at certain North American conferences and training events such as the World Conference on Disaster Management (WCDM).
Membership is open to people whose work is related to or who are interested in Business Continuity.
The cost of membership varies with each Chapter. For up-to-date membership information and membership options please contact the Chapter closest to you.
DRIE and its affiliates hold various seminars, webinars, and symposiums throughout the year to provide members with the opportunity to hear about current industry trends and issues, network and share experiences with one another.
We invite you to
- LEARN, and
in a relaxed, informal environment. Visit the website of the Chapter closest to you for its event schedule. DRIE is a member-driven organization and relies on volunteers to organize events. If you are interested in helping, please contact the Chapter closest to you.
In the context of Business Continuity and Emergency Management, the word business applies to both the private and public sectors. DRIE’s goal is to provide an accessible, informal, open forum for the exchange of information and knowledge related to the many variations of emergency preparedness.
At our quarterly meetings we have presentations on many of the following topics:
- Disaster Recovery Planning;
- Business Continuity and Resumption Planning;
- Contingency Planning;
- Crisis Management;
- Crisis Communications;
- Emergency Response;
- Risk and Business Impact Assessment;
- Pandemic Planning;
- Weather and its Impact; and
- Many other related topics.
If you are interested in giving a presentation at a quarterly meeting, please contact the Chapter closest to you.
Sponsorship of DRIE is one way we keep the cost of membership low. Each Chapter has its own sponsorship structure and benefits, but examples include having your logo appear on the DRIE website and in Chapter newsletters, product presentations at certain venues, booths in the Trade Hall during a DRIE Chapter Symposium or Conference and many others.
Take advantage of this opportunity to connect with potential clients by contacting the DRIE Chapter closest to you for more information on its sponsorship structure.